January 19, 2011

19 Janvier 2011

Today, I discovered a new fruit called lychee. I'm sure if I actually thought past brussel sprouts when I go to the DeKalb farmers market I wouldn't have been so excited about these, but then France wouldn't be so cool and exciting. Through a little research I found out that this particular fruit comes from China. Regardless of its origins I bought them and thoroughly enjoyed them with my lunch today. Which, now all of you get the pleasure of to relive with me on the net and I had so much fun with the tea post that you get to experience each step of the peeling process!
The lychee in all of its glory!

The beginnings of the peeling process. Please disregard my suitcase that is still unpacked in the middle of my room, I'm still on the search for some baskets to put things in.

The peeled lychee. It looks and tastes a lot like a grape.

Except when you try and bite into it like a grape you get stopped by this lovely little pit. I love the color of it, I'm officially on the search for a pair of boots in the same hue.
Final word on the lychees: like 'em, don't love 'em, but I'm glad I tried them.

This is the rest of my lunch that Marryn and I ate on my bed, that is also embarrassingly cluttered. The cheese we chose was St. Marcelin, a close relative to my new favorite cheese St. Felicien.


Mmmmmm! Cheese. 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I wonder what it means when your room in France is so very similar to your room in Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire! That cheese looks AMAZING. Hope you're having a great time!!

    - Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete