November 4, 2012

Life

Sorry for the extreme lack of communication via the blog world. I finally gave in and came to McDonalds for internet. They have a wrap with goat cheese here!! I'm sorry, but if you weren't a francophile before, you definitely should be now!
                                  So to do a very quick wrap up of my life so far I now have:
My room under construction.

-an awesome apartment with power!*
-a t.v.
-a bed
-a transportation card (I'm very cosmopolitan, you know)
-terrific students** (even the middle schoolers)
-a side job babysitting for one of my colleagues
-a standing monday language exchange rendez-vous


*It should be known that we "roughed it" for the first week without any power at all, so we had candlelit dinners like the one displayed HERE ->. Then for about 2 weeks after we couldn't use any of the appliances save for the refrigerator (Thank goodness!) because the electric company had not adjusted the amount of power we were allowed to use. Oh the joys of new places.










**I could not have been placed in a better school. It's a hotel and restaurant management vocational school so my kids have excellent manners, a keen interest in learning English, and they all know how to cook. Last Friday one of my favorites, Maxime, waited outside of the classroom for me with a bag of meringues and shortbread cookies. I died!






No comments:

Post a Comment