I'm going to preface this post by encouraging those of you who have not seen Portlandia's "Put a bird on it" to watch it here
Upon first watching the show I wasn't sure if I could completely relate to the bizarre characters and their antics, then I met my match. The French culinary version of Portlandia's "birds", herbs de provence, I'm obsessed. What's not to like about marjoram, thyme, savory, lavender, and rosemary? Yum!!! I put it on literally everything. Really. I already knew how good it was on potatoes, but I feel like I've really turned over a new leaf here. It's now added to pasta sauce, eggs, rice, vegetables, quiche, even popcorn. You think it I'll do it. It's that delicious.
I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight, but you can bet that it will be accompanied by a healthy shake of herbs de provence.


No comments:
Post a Comment