April 10, 2011

SUNday

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful lately and we're all eager to take complete advantage of the perfect temperatures and cloudless skies.  Kathleen lives on a boarding school campus where the boarders leave on Friday afternoon and return Monday mornings so Kathleen sent out an invite to all to come have a picnic.  In all there were eleven people on four blankets eating various types of baguette sandwiches, homemade cobbler, honey-waffle cookies, fruit, and vegetables.  The picnic started at 1:00 and I finally made it home around 8:00. All in all I'd call that a success. 

From left to right surrounding the feast is me, Kristy, Amanda, Stephanie, Andrenne, and Maggie. 

The grass has a lot of little wildflowers poking up here and there so Kathleen and I picked them and made everyone flower chains. The one I'm holding here is my personal favorite and the most unique. I called it the multicultural flower chain because it included every type of flower around.  It was especially cool because I was surrounded by such a multicultural group, all of us in a foreign country.

Great Sunday, I finally got a little much needed color and really enjoyed myself while I did.

*I forgot to bring my camera down so I stole these pictures from Kathleen's facebook. Love that girl!

2 comments:

  1. So envious I was in Paris. Shame, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were certainly missed. In fact I believe we talked about the two of you in Paris!

    ReplyDelete