April 26, 2011

"Sandwiches are beautiful"

You know when it feels like your life emphasizes particular things? Like when you learn a new word and suddenly you hear it everywhere or when you run into the same person all the time. Well that is what's going on in my life at the moment with sandwiches. 
The other night walking home my friend Amy was craving a sandwich and she said "I could write a song about sandwiches right now" to which I exclaimed "I know a song about sandwiches" I then serenaded  the group with my terrific vocals of this song. We had a tape with this song growing up and I'll never forget it.  
As a result of all the singing about sandwiches and subsequent talk about them I began to crave them and at the picnic I blogged about in a previous post my tastebuds exploded over a cheese, cucumber, and red pepper sandwich between torn off baguette.  From there my creative sandwich side has been buzzing.  I went to the green grocer and bakery just beside it to gather my supplies and the picture below is what I created. 


What you see here is freshly baked multigrain bread (I mean it. It was still warm when purchased) pesto, goat cheese, tomato, and avocado. All put together to make the sandwich of my dreams.  


This is a picture taken of the very same night that I had the sandwich pictured above.  I'm sure Kristy will love to hear that she's featured on the blog with a mouth full of sandwich, but you all had to see just how much sandwiches have popped up in my life lately, or is it just that they have been brought to my attention??

That's all for now, I think I'm going to make another sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment