I realized that if I were to wait until I got home to update the blog about Paris, it would be so overwhelming that I would never blog about it. So I'm taking the opportunity while Mom and Nama have gone off to explore a market, and Mary Beth and Margaret are still asleep to let you in on what we've been doing. Saturday was a tough day, the new arrivals were running on fumes and we were all overwhelmed by the size of Paris. Luckily, our beautiful apartment is right by the eiffel tower, so we went off and had a picnic of cheese and baguette (had to get them hooked) at the base of the tower.
Picture courtesy of Margaret and her iphone.
Instead of doing a play by play of our activities I'm going to highlight the most important things that have happened thus far:
1. Mom turned us all into Rick Steves junkies, or more aptly named "Ricknicks".
2. Margaret spent the better part of her life thinking that the Louvre was underground, and surrounded by a castle.
3. Mary Beth is freakishly good at figuring out how to get around the metro.
4. Montmartre is slightly disappointing, too many tourists. But, it redeems itself by the incredible amount of street art.
5. Hemingways Paris includes delicious pastries and an amazing ex-pat bookstore that is incredibly difficult to find!
6. Ask Mom if she wants to do or eat something and the answer is "YES!"
7. A little bit of wine is the solution to any problem.
8. If you find something sweet that Nama really loves to eat she will scrape the pan clean.
It is so nice to have a little family time. I keep on insisting that we eat dinner in because they always end in tears from laughing so hard. Three generations of Dickey/Lindsay women is another country is unbelievably special and a memory that we will all treasure, I'm sure. Now for a little breakfast and hopefully some Rick Steves!
Claire, Good to hear y'all are having a great time. DIane got us through Italy with her friend Rick Steves. We waltzed into museums at off times, ate at restaurants with locals, and found the best gelatos.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of the week.
Diane - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a wonderful place to celebrate your 40 something birthday.
THinking of all of you- Holly