Monday was my friend Marryn's last day in St. Etienne. She has made quite a few appearances on this blog and I thought it only fitting that she gets a proper farewell. I was actually quite lucky to meet her because she quit her job the week before I arrived and was supposed to leave the country a lot earlier than she did. So we had, in proper Claire and Marryn style, a Monday-Funday, where we lazily spent the afternoon eating together before I had to go to class at 3:30. After class I ran over to Marryn's for our last dinner of wine, baguette, and cheese.
Marryn at our first food stop, I got my favorite a crepe with gruyere, and Marryn got a panini.
Kathleen and Marryn on the tram going to the train station.
The three of us waiting for the train.
Since Marryn's departure I have realized just how quickly this experience is flying by. She kept saying that she was leaving in March and I assumed March would never come, little did I know it was coming and fast! Life in St. Etienne has been much different since she left, I look forward to her visit to Atlanta, and mine to Toronto!
No comments:
Post a Comment